NEXUS FUEL ADDITIVE..

Open SCC Discussions
1JEWLDSSRS

NEXUS FUEL ADDITIVE..

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:15 pm

I am not sure what this stuff consists of but I read how it works with the fuel. I put 10 gals of 93 oct BP in Ruby yesterday eve and 1oz of the nexus and about another 1/2oz cause I had about 5 gals already in the tank. I drove around Melbourne and on over to the beachside and after about 30 minutes of driving I could start to tell a difference in how the car was reacting to throttle response and acceleration, was getting a bit more crisper and acceleration was picking up some. I was headed over the causway east bound and at the bottom of the bridge I hammered it from 40, no cars around, it down shifted to second, ran thru the gear, shifted to 3rd and spun the tires, it never did that from a rolling start, was cool..So I drove around for a while and headed back home as traffic was a bitch and I wanted nothing to do with them.This morning I got all ready for a day of real testing of this additive and the drivability and supposedly performance gains and man all I can say IS WOW !!! I would have never expected an additive to make this much difference in how the car performed. I did many acceleration tests from cruising to part throttle romps to just easing into the throttle and some WOT romps and flat out runs and the response of the car was amazing. Accelaration was effortlessy easy for the car. I drove in drive mode this way, sport mode this way, and my favorite,,tap mode. The car would take off like a rocket, did that before the additive, but was a lot more stronger now and quicker up thru the gears, you could feel it in your butt dyno.I was scepticle about buying any, but glad I tried it out, it is very impressive. From a dead stop in sport mode at WOT, Ruby would take off spinning thru 1st,2nd and halfway thru 3rd before it would hook, now she went all the way thru 3rd and partway thru 4th!!! WOW...The way I can compare the difference of this additive is like driving my Ruby before the LT's and tune, to driving her AFTER the LT's and tune, to me it was that much of a difference. I was also monitering my coolant temps as I always do and on a day like today was ,,hotttt, she ran about 2-4 degrees cooler for some reason, She usually runs 196-198 was running 192-194, I like that. Also as much as I was "gettin" on it and the distance I drove today I only used about 5 gals whereas I would have used about 7 or so..So there you go. The additive DOES work. I also remember a few months ago I put some of that Sunoco 100 oct unleaded race fuel in the car on the way to the track, about 6 gals and didn't get this kind of performance. Cheers all, and if you want to try some, hit me up at one of our next get togethers and I'll put some in your tank, you'll be surprised, I promise..I was. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Dion.Rentos

Re: NEXUS FUEL ADDITIVE..

Post by Dion.Rentos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Just think if you tried the HP one I have. it said it has double the extra HP as that version you tried.

Dion.Rentos

NEXUS FUEL ADDITIVE..

Post by Dion.Rentos » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Just a FYI. Just found this.

Don't know if it true or anything about it. Not much bad about it.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/oil-compani ... -78fe5.htm

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:49 am

UH OH!!!!! Now I wonder about this stuff....Gonna ask on camaro5..if anyone has used any of it.. :think: :think:

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:10 pm

I read that last night. I tried various searches on google, but 90% of my findings were linked back to their own site. Not a lot of reviews, either positive or negative. There are far too many factors in how an engine runs to warrant a one or two time test to verify if something had a direct impact on performance. I know Wayne says that the car ran much better the following day, but realistically, how much of it was the additive and how much was other possible factors? I know I have had "good days' and "bad days" with my V8 cars, in both this 83 Z28 and my old 96 LT1 Z28. The 96 was more noticeable as it had more power. On a bad day, it felt like a normal passenger car, chirp the tires off launch and thats about all. On a good day it would break free for a little bit, catch and launch, then chirp the tires on the shift to second. This was on the same stretch of road with the same fuel in the tank, no refills between. Only difference being the outside ambient temp and humidity.

Im not trying to dispel anything or bad mouth a product that I have never used, but past experience tells me that a noticeable difference in performance can be had just from factors outside of our control without any extra additions. If you gain that same level of performance day after day and get a measurable improvement in gas mileage, then congrats, you found something that actually works! I will be watching and listening VERY closely to find out the overall results over a long trial period.

tg8505

Post by tg8505 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:55 pm

It's pretty interesting. I figured I'd give it a try but also that report really didn't state what car/engine he was operating. For all we know it could've been a 100,000 mile motor that needed a fuel filter....

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:32 pm

devestator_x wrote:I read that last night. I tried various searches on google, but 90% of my findings were linked back to their own site. Not a lot of reviews, either positive or negative. There are far too many factors in how an engine runs to warrant a one or two time test to verify if something had a direct impact on performance. I know Wayne says that the car ran much better the following day, but realistically, how much of it was the additive and how much was other possible factors? I know I have had "good days' and "bad days" with my V8 cars, in both this 83 Z28 and my old 96 LT1 Z28. The 96 was more noticeable as it had more power. On a bad day, it felt like a normal passenger car, chirp the tires off launch and thats about all. On a good day it would break free for a little bit, catch and launch, then chirp the tires on the shift to second. This was on the same stretch of road with the same fuel in the tank, no refills between. Only difference being the outside ambient temp and humidity.

Im not trying to dispel anything or bad mouth a product that I have never used, but past experience tells me that a noticeable difference in performance can be had just from factors outside of our control without any extra additions. If you gain that same level of performance day after day and get a measurable improvement in gas mileage, then congrats, you found something that actually works! I will be watching and listening VERY closely to find out the overall results over a long trial period.
As for your post above, my car is my "daily driver", I drive it around ALOT.. I know what the car does and is capable of on any given day, warm days and cooler days and I always drive around the same area all the time, as I am a creature of habit. Yesterday was a very warm day to say the least I was showing 87 on my outside temp in the car and all the runs and launches I did were in the same area that I am able to do them where traffic is not present and as I stated, the car ran like a scalded ape in the heat, like it was a cold day out when she runs better, but it wasn't cold, it was hot. My tranny temp was normal, oil pressure normal, oil temp normal, only difference I saw was my coolant temp was 2-4 degrees cooler that normal on the hot day..Whenever I go play with the carto drive her like she needs to be driven, I go down south where traffic is much less and I can open her up..But anyway I went to the BP and gased her back up to delute the fuel already in the car. I will let you all know if she goes back to her normal way of acting..

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:17 pm

Well, maybe this stuff is the real deal. Im still a bit skeptical as it has 0 feedback across the internet other than one older lady with a Corvette claiming to have gained 3 mpgs while dropping from 93 octane to 87, and that was posted in 2011. I just figure if this stuff is some miracle in a bottle, the internet would be clamoring over it. maybe its a well kept secret on how it performs.

Like I said, I will be keeping my eyes locked on these threads to see how your long term results turn out.

Waaaay back when I had my first car (a 1989 Grand Am) I was buying this stuff called Outlaw Horsepower Booster. It wasnt concentrated so it was one bottle per tank of fuel. I swear the car grew a set whenever I put it in, so I do think this Nexus could be the real deal. If in a month or 2 you guys are still saying its working well and you gained a few mpgs in the process, then I will certainly be picking up some.

skybrake

Post by skybrake » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:00 pm

Hmm....without an MSDS available....I would guess oxygenator for combustion, and either toulene 114 octane, xylene 117octane.... or mix of both.

How much it boosts octane is related to how much fuel was left in when you dropped it in.
formula to determine total octane is

( Gal *octane rating +Gal *octane rating)
______________________________ = Total Octane
( total Gal)

example .25 Gal *114 +10 Gal*93
______________________________= 95.45
(10.25 Gal)

Before you go off saying "omg toulene...in my car?..." well Its the same stuff they put in pump gas, race gas etc to bring boost octane to spec...so "assuming" thats partially whats in this canned "go juice" then its nothing harmful really unless your overstack the deck ( ratio) , just more of it when you drop it in as an additive.

2 octane points isnt much...but enough....If your ECM controlled ignition knock retard isn't getting any MHZ feedback from pings for a few minutes, its going to let the advance go up more and wala...more power out of your car.

Vroom vroom...fun.

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:37 pm

KalCorp wrote:Just a FYI. Just found this.

Don't know if it true or anything about it. Not much bad about it.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/oil-compani ... -78fe5.htm
OK all, I looked a little deeper into this "ripoffreport" and called the guy who is listed on the Nexus website, I think his name was Jeff Gilder,,,founder of the racers reunion club listed on the website and we talked for a little bit about the product AND the scam posted about his product. He assure me that the product is safe and does live up to it's claims on fuel saving anf HP gains, There are no ingredients listed because his company holds the one and only fuel additive on the market that works as advertised, whereas the others do not. He also said if I needed to, to contact the one drag racer listed on the website who won his class division last year due to the Nexus product he used all season. Also he told me that that ripoff post that was out there on the internet is a false accustion by a guy who is referring to a car that, get this,,isn't even his own car, is someone elses and the use of the product did not cause the failure. Also Nexus has spent about 3500 dollars already trying to get the slanderous post removed from the internet,but as he said, people will say anything just to start somecrap..I will be doing some more research into this and will keep ya'll posted. I think the product works, I could feel a difference, but just want to be safe. Cheers all.. :think:

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:52 pm

OK guys and gals, I dug deeper into this Nexus pruduct and on their home page under the blog section I found the name of the dragracer who won his class last year in 2012 and was using the ExtremeHP in his drag car and is the ONLY thing he did differently to the car from the previous year. It also listed where he was imployed in NJ so I took the liberty of calling him today, his name is Rich Panicaro @ Martins Auto Service, we talked for a bit, very nice guy and he said this Nexus product is the real deal, it works. He has tried all the "other" so called octain boosters on the market and like I have seen on several sites that tested those boosters and found that they do not work, some have even shown a loss in power, go figure. He is now also using the regular Nexus in his dailey truck and it is doing fine. I asked if he did a tear down of the drag engine after the season with the Nexus and he said that he did, as after a season he always tearns down the engine to refresh is and found NO abnormal wear and tear, actually said it looked pretty good. He also told me that he has known Jeff Gilder for many years and that he is a trustworthy guy and wouldn't get into anything that didn't work. I had mentioned the Bodine Waxing Frenzy I used on my camaro that when it came out, how well it was supposed to work and that some people said "snake oil" if it works THAT good, nothing works that good they said, he then told me he uses it on his race car and loves it, he also said he knows Geoff Bodine and that Geoff bought into the Frenzy product company when he saw the results of the product, and if you know Geoff, he would get involved in anything that wasn't proven. When he talked I had mentioned the guy at our car show that was selling the Nexus products, and he knew his name, buy I already forgot who hw said it was. But all in all he assure me that these Nexus products are the "real deal" and he will continue to use them in his vehicles. Hope this has been helpful to everyone who might be in doubt as I was, not any more..
http://nexusfuelproducts.com/category/performance/ :)

spearous

Post by spearous » Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 pm

A++ I'm going to try both great job on the field work on getting the truth about these 2 products!!

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:42 pm

spearous wrote:A++ I'm going to try both great job on the field work on getting the truth about these 2 products!!
Yea thanks man. I really wanted to get to the bottom of this and find out the real facts behind the claims, and talking to Rich he seemed to get all excited about it, I could tell it in his voice and reaction to my questions was sincere. Hsaid he couldn't wait to get back to the track to start this years season, so I am going back to using the Nexus product in my car. Thanks.. Wayne

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:27 pm

Well guys and gals, it's been about a week and a half since I gased up without the Nexus in the tank and I have to say,,,,Ruby has gone back to her regular tuned self, she runs like she did before the Nexus. She runs great is strong and reall gets it down the road like she did when I got the headers installed and tuned. So yesterday afternoon I decided to go back to putting the Nexus in the tank and this afternoon driving home from work I could already tell the difference in her attitude,, she has that"baaaaazing back in her and drives again like a scalded bandit, has more throttle response again, like the first time and seems to have more power again, just as before, I get on it while cruising and she just gets up and flys, from a slow rolling start at about 10mph, nail it and she just smokes the crap out of the tires all the way thru 3 gear just as before. Man this Nexus fuel catalyst is something else. I love it, just can't wait to try the one Dion bought, the Extreme HP formula..Cheers all.. :dance: :dance: