TOTALED... Another Camaro R.I.P.

Open SCC Discussions
devestator_x

TOTALED... Another Camaro R.I.P.

Post by devestator_x » Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:47 pm

To those that might not see my facebook posting, I was in an accident Friday evening on my way home from work. Lady decided at the last second to stop last second for a yellow light at 40mph on Palm Bay Rd. I locked up the brakes and swerved, but clipped her rear bumper. Camaros are much harder to stop in the rain when compared to a Hyundai Genesis apparently, because she stopped REALLY fast for that light. My ABS was going off and everything, but there was no way I was stopping in time. We were both ok, no airbag deployment on my car. Heres the results...

Car is being towed to the auto body shop on Monday for an evaluation. I didnt notice it in the rain Friday, but today in the sunlight I saw there is actually a decent scrape/crease all the way down the door into the rear quarter panel. Whole nose is pushed over slightly, hood is creased slightly (Im not even sure if it opens or not, havent tried) passengers door does open, but gaps are all off and it catches on whats left of the fender.

I dont know what the insurance values the car at, but I think it might be close to being totaled out. Car cant possibly be valued at more than $2500, or I wouldnt think they would value it more than that, and maybe Im crazy, but it looks like more than $2500 in damage there to me. Bunch of support steel behind that fender thats bent, plus all the body panels that need replacing. I dunno, only can wait and see what they say about it.
Last edited by devestator_x on Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Robert.Evenson

Re: Going in for repairs....

Post by Robert.Evenson » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 am

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hopefully it all works out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dion.Rentos

Re: Going in for repairs....

Post by Dion.Rentos » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:21 pm

Been there. Hope everything works out OK. :auto-crash: :angry-banghead:

devestator_x

Re: TOTALED... Another Camaro R.I.P.

Post by devestator_x » Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:37 pm

So, insurance called today with the estimate for repair... $5200!! They totaled it and are issuing me a check for $3700. Not bad seeing as I didnt pay nearly that for the car, even after paint and upgrades. Looking into options for something else now. Things will all work out in the end, just always a journey to get to that end.

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:46 pm

Good luck. just don't get a mustang! :-)

Robert.Evenson

Post by Robert.Evenson » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:46 pm

That doesn't sound bad. Everything happens for a reason. Hopefully another Camaro will be right around the corner for you.