southsiders

Open SCC Discussions
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
skybrake

southsiders

Post by skybrake » Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:07 am

Tried to take the Camaro to one of the downtown www.southsidersvw.com gathering at lous filling station last night given the cold dry weather, but peeps ate another alternator bolt halfway there, ( literally twisted the m10 G8 bolt off like a piece of taffy...sigh. so had to do a roadside repair to limp home. Id complain cept its the first part fail in over a year and the repair is easy and cheap$.
We took a regular auto down and enjoyed a few beers and car chat with this eclectic group of mostly Vw guys, though there were a few other makes and a mean looking boosted falcon ( nitrous). Id been invited by steve of space coast imports that ive been visiting lately for parts for the daughters 1972 superbeetle build ive been working on the last few months.....)Great place to hang, auto themed bar, and a great group of devoted car guys.

( check my flikr link in the garage section if your bored enough to want to see the vw project code name :"Thumper" ive been working on.)
Brad

Dion.Rentos

southsiders

Post by Dion.Rentos » Mon Apr 06, 2015 1:49 pm

Thumper that is cool! :-)

Looks like a lot of work you already put into it!!

My bother has the Herbie the love bug car. still need little work but these VW are cool.
IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG
Here is my Daugther in this one lol
IMG_1288.JPG

skybrake

Re: southsiders

Post by skybrake » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:16 am

...nice herbie....brother isn't by chance selling it is he...?

cuase I am enjoying this particular deviance from the type of car I normally build
enough to do another ( as soon as garage space allows) And Herbie shell would be the coolest VW to soup
up enough to pull burnouts and run sub 10 1/4's with...( don't laugh these little cars only weigh like 1500-1800 pounds total
with engine in)....

If not, perhaps Ill get a chance to see it at lous or another show down the line...
Herbie Fan....seriously....
Dig the wheels too...never seen a set like that ever.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable