KATZKINS CUSTOM INTERIOR..

Open SCC Discussions
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
1JEWLDSSRS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

KATZKINS CUSTOM INTERIOR..

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:24 pm

Hey everyone, thinking about doing Ruby's interior in color matching Katzkins leather, the front seat centers, bottom and backrest will be the RJT color and the wrap color, the outside of the seat will be black with the RJT stitching, the headrests will be black with the SS embroidered in the RJT and the back seats will be the same as the fronts. The inside door panels will be the RJT along with the 2 dash trim pieces.

Went by Treadwells yesterday to see Max, the guy with the Z28 and the Callaway and he said he could do it for 1600 bucks.. Personally I think that is a bit much but I don't really know that much about doing custom leather interiors and pricing. What do you think, before I spend my money. He originally quoted me 1300 bucks about a year ago when I was going to do it. Thanks folks... 8-)

Dion.Rentos

Re: KATZKINS CUSTOM INTERIOR..

Post by Dion.Rentos » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:23 pm

I dont know much about the price. But the idea sounds cool.

skybrake

Post by skybrake » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:19 am

Sounds like a steal to me if they are also removing and reinstalling all the trim and components for covering or partial covering both seat sets door card/ interior panels....in my experience you could easily eat 1600 in labor cost/time to remove and replace the parts involved without even considering eight billion little specialty hog rings, clips boots ect to put it all back in .....not to mention that matching " katzkinsstain?" resistant treated colored leather is going to be way more than say faux leather, or vinyl type materials.
Im currently re-sound damping, recarpeting , re-padding and adding heated seats etc to a 1972 superbeetle project im cooking and ive already taken a week just to get everything carefully out of the car...and its about as simple an layout as possible for a car....labor costs really rack up when your not demolishing, but pulling parts out like your playing that operation game with the nose buzzer....

bRAD

I

1JEWLDSSRS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:40 am

Well I checked around on camaro5.com and some of the guys have paid upwards of 2k to do this mod, so I am told that 1600is a fair price, I even called the Katzkins folks and asked them and they also said it is a good price. So now I have my tax return money in the bank and am now undecided if I want to do this or do the new 3.5 inch cowl hood from Harwood and have it painted and some other mods..Decisions decisions, oh my !!! :?

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Well, went and did it, put an 800 dollar deposit on my interior so they can order it and get it going and shipped to them, should ba about a week to get it, then have to make an appointment to get it installed, can't wait. Gonna be nice to have a custom leather interior. :dance:

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:04 am

Cant wait to see it! :banana-gotpics:

skybrake

Post by skybrake » Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:15 pm

just googles katzkins ....noticed they have alligator, or ostrich as options besides leather....and some pretty neat textured non leather options,....I did the old west style leather.

what is RJT wayne? looked all over their website and couldn't figure it out.

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:42 pm

skybrake wrote:just googles katzkins ....noticed they have alligator, or ostrich as options besides leather....and some pretty neat textured non leather options,....I did the old west style leather.

what is RJT wayne? looked all over their website and couldn't figure it out.
Hey there, yea the have some really cool stuff for interior materials, and from what I understand, they are "the best" interior folks to do business with, except you can't buy direct from them, you have to go through an upholstery shop that deals with them and their products. Chip Foose and some of those other custom car shows use the Katzkins leather for their custom interiors.
To answer your question on what RJT is, it is the color of my cars paint,,"RED JEWEL TINTCOAT" which is not a color the have in the leather they sell, but their medium red is the closest to my RJT color of the car, it is not red but more of a burgundy color and will match pretty close. I took the swatch of leather out to the car, and it is very close, so that is what I ordered, it should be here by Thursday so I can go take a look.
Cheers man !! :)