Camaro convertible Dual Pillar pod

Open SCC Discussions
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dion.Rentos

Camaro convertible Dual Pillar pod

Post by Dion.Rentos » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:59 am

Found a great deal on a Dual Pillar Camaro pod.

Issue is they don't make this for convertibles, only he coop. But i think i can make it happen :-)

Part on order, should have this sat.

So far this is the only Picture i can find of a Convertible with one but was custom put in.

devestator_x
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Camaro convertible Dual Pillar pod

Post by devestator_x » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:58 am

I've seen guys in the 3rd gens take a universal pod and graft it to their existing pillar trim piece. Lots of plastic weld, body filler and sanding, but usually they look great when finished as long as you take your time doing it. In this instance, you might cut off the part that is different from your current one and graft the two together. I assume that would be in the top area where the roof meet the windshield frame?

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:11 am

If you look at the one that has it. It looks like they just placed it over the OEM one.

The coop version just ends and the rest of the pillar is fabric. The vert version the plastic pillar goes to the top and ends it.

I would be ok with the way they have it in that picture. or even take the two parts and make them onto one :-)

Dont know what to put into them yet? when i get a SC it would be boost. but for now maybe Volts for each battery :-)

devestator_x
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by devestator_x » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:17 pm

I see what your saying about it being placed over the stock pillar. That could work, but it would look even better if you smoothed out that lip where the add on piece ends. Some sanding, filler and paint could make it look like a nice smooth transition, looking like a factory option. As far as gauges, I would at least do one volt meter and then maybe AFR? Or maybe a custom decepticon blank that glows until you have a reason for a boost gauge?