SCCC Meeting discussion to change date / place

Open SCC Discussions
camaro1968

SCCC Meeting discussion to change date / place

Post by camaro1968 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:53 am

There has been some discussion about meeting changes. I thought I would start a new topic pertaining only to that. Please make suggestions here about what day works for you and if a new place is needed for our meeting.
Suggestions please.

Dion.Rentos

Re: SCCC Meeting discussion to change date / place

Post by Dion.Rentos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:47 am

I am open to almost anything.

Just check the calendar and you can see what days are open when there are no other events going on.

Something to think about, we can maybe have a meeting after the 5guys show since alot of members attend that. maybe for 30-60 mins.

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:26 pm

Anyone see the irony of that statement? We tend to get more members showing up for Five Guys than we do for our own meetings. I like the idea of having it after the five guys event, though Sam has to leave to go to work and I cant drive at night, so neither of us would be able to stick around for that. But we can always participate via "absentee ballot" for voting. I can't think of much else that would work easily, and we still have the issue of the "northern chapter" of SCC not always being able to make it down here.

Speaking of the Viera crowd... I would be all for having a separate section of the club for them. Not to segregate them of course, but to allow them to gel together a bit better. When Rich mentioned he was trying to organize them a bit better, but didnt want to intrude on Dion, my opinion is go for it man! It will help alleviate some stress off Dion. Going with the potential by-law coming up, I'd like to nominate Rich for a position, either as President of the North Chapter, or some other official seat dealing with the Viera/Rockledge crowd to help rally them together.

Maybe a little friendly (I mean VERY friendly) rivalry between the south crew and the north crew. Again, not trying to segregate or alienate, just trying to brainstorm some different ideas. If we can think up 100 different ideas and 99 of them suck, we still get one good one out of the mess and thats worth everything.

Rsoetidjo

Post by Rsoetidjo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:34 pm

^^^ thanks bob. The meeting after five guys probably won't be good, just because it will be really late. Five guys end around 8, that's mean the meet would be end till around 9-9:30. What do you guys think about changing the meet to friday or Saturday, some where in the middle. Like Pineda area. Or even one at south and one clloser to the north side. I think if we do it on Friday or Saturday would be better, so it won't interrupts with people work schedules. Dion and I can drive around one day to look for a good spot for it. If his up to it.
My SCC Garage
97 30TH Anniversary SS (383 stroker)
02 GMC Yukon XL
07 Acura TL-S (wife car)
06 Suzuki Hayabusa

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:50 pm

Not much going on Friday nights So maybe the second Friday is still good for the day.

Viera/Rockledge and even more north members are still part of SCC. We just need to start going up there more. since it is a Space Coast club and not just melbourne/Palm Bay

remember we already have a Meet and greet up there on 2nd Friday of month. is was going good but then slowed down some.

Maybe we can have a Full meet and great in middle every even month and odd months have Sub meets and greets one South, Middle and then North.

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 pm

I like the idea of an every other month official meet.

And I wasnt trying to say that the north was separated from the south, this isnt 1860 Gettysburg here, lol! Just was thinking the group is a bit divided in terms of geography anyhow and was just brainstorming to see how we could help Dion out with organization of meetings as it seems the Palm Bay/Melbourne group has a harder time going north, while the Viera/Rockledge group does come south from time to time, but would benefit from the style of meetings they are currently having. So the compromise that makes sense is the every other month have a "regional" meeting and then in the off months, have a more official group meet in the middle.

Also in terms of voting, we can either decide to have official votes at the full club meets or at the regional meets, but I would think a quick study of attendance would be best before making that decision. Whichever gets the larger attendance numbers over all (both regions added together vs the full club meet) then that should probably be the way we hold the votes (along with an absentee ballot system for those who cant make the meetings)

V8_Girl

Post by V8_Girl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:31 pm

I like the idea of having someone take charge of the Northern side of the club and I agree Rich would be a great choice for this and also agree with having separate meets and then a big meet all together. It's useful in a lot of ways and we can come up with ideas easier and then compile them at the big meet for things like events or cruises or what have you. I think the middle ground between the south and the north would be around the Eau Galle area.

As far as days that work best, I'm off Sundays and Mondays. Of course Sundays I gotta watch my football LOL =) I'm not too sure of Friday or Saturday and not because of my schedule tho that's part of it as I'd like to be able to go to more events but Restaurants and such those are their busiest days and those places could be quite busy. Maybe we could do a Sunday Coffee and Cars type thing and meet up for breakfast around 9am? Just throwing ideas out there. :dance:
~ Real Girls Drive Fast Cars, Not Pose On Them ~

Rsoetidjo

Post by Rsoetidjo » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:51 pm

That's a good idea have every other month for the main meet somewhere in the middle. Maybe if we move the Tuesday meet at bww to Friday or Saturday ( even during the day on Saturday ) will make more people to show up. Dion let me know if you want to to look for a spot for the main meet.
My SCC Garage
97 30TH Anniversary SS (383 stroker)
02 GMC Yukon XL
07 Acura TL-S (wife car)
06 Suzuki Hayabusa