MY DAY- waxed the car

Open SCC Discussions
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CRF8

MY DAY- waxed the car

Post by CRF8 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:40 pm

I used McGuire's paste wax and a orbital buffer, for the first time I masked off the non-glossy areas.
Not a full detail, just wash & waxed the paint.
Attachments
WOMdetailed3.JPG
WOMtaped2.JPG
WOMtaped.JPG
My SCC Garage
CRF8 FLORIDA
2014 Camaro 2SS (RS) red rock metallic;
named "Waste of Money" by the wife;
93 tune, front strut brace, window tint, Lloyd's trunk mat & org,
dome & trunk LED's, fade gill stripes, RotoFab air filter..

1JEWLDSSRS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MY DAY- waxed the car

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:56 am

Looks pretty fine !!! I use McGuires NXT GEN TECH 2.0 liquid wax on my car and LOVE how it makes her shine like glass.. :dance:

Rsoetidjo

Post by Rsoetidjo » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:26 pm

I use paint sealer. Just like wax, different its last 5-7 months. Not like wax 3-4 weeks. I got sick and tired waxing my daily driver every month, so I did some research and found out about paint sealer. The only different , that you have to wait 45 minutes till you take it off , and have to let the vehicle stay in the garage for the next 24 hours to cure.
My SCC Garage
97 30TH Anniversary SS (383 stroker)
02 GMC Yukon XL
07 Acura TL-S (wife car)
06 Suzuki Hayabusa

ndurance
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by ndurance » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:00 am

I think mine would benefit from a good buffing. I've never used an actual buffer, just some drill attachments which I've aren't acceptable. Never heard of using paint sealer either. Got a link to what you use? I'd like to witness an experienced person's process before venturing on mine own.
'68 SS (clone) 350/350, Super T-10, 342 12 bolt posi

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:39 pm

Wayne, how is that liquid wax when it goes on? I have the solid paste version of the same wax and I find it VERY hard to see where I've already applied it, like it doesnt get very hazy at all. It does give a great shine, but so much harder to apply than Mcguiers Cleaner Wax. That stuff seems to last a bit longer between applications and is easy to see when it dries.

Typically, I use the Cleaner wax as my general routine wax as it lasts the longest, then I use the NXT as my show wax before a bigger show, and if I need a super deep shine, I use Turtle Wax Black Box, which works great on my old paint, but as Steve has said, it's not that good on newer paint.

After waxing mine this weekend, I think I need to clay bar it. Lots of junk imbedded in the paint right now to the point you can see it.

Rsoetidjo

Post by Rsoetidjo » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:32 pm

http://www.autogeekmobile.net/wg5500.html
ndurance wrote:I think mine would benefit from a good buffing. I've never used an actual buffer, just some drill attachments which I've aren't acceptable. Never heard of using paint sealer either. Got a link to what you use? I'd like to witness an experienced person's process before venturing on mine own.
My SCC Garage
02 GMC Yukon XL
07 Acura TL-S (wife car)
06 Suzuki Hayabusa

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 pm

devestator_x wrote:Wayne, how is that liquid wax when it goes on? I have the solid paste version of the same wax and I find it VERY hard to see where I've already applied it, like it doesnt get very hazy at all. It does give a great shine, but so much harder to apply than Mcguiers Cleaner Wax. That stuff seems to last a bit longer between applications and is easy to see when it dries.

Typically, I use the Cleaner wax as my general routine wax as it lasts the longest, then I use the NXT as my show wax before a bigger show, and if I need a super deep shine, I use Turtle Wax Black Box, which works great on my old paint, but as Steve has said, it's not that good on newer paint.

After waxing mine this weekend, I think I need to clay bar it. Lots of junk imbedded in the paint right now to the point you can see it.
Hey man, yea I quit using the paste wax about 12 years ago when the liquids came out. I love how it goes on, nice and smooth and you don't need a whole lot either, I start on the hood then do the roof and then the deck lid and spoiler, then I do the right front fender, door, mirrors and right rear fender, then the rear bumper and left rear, door, front fender and front bumper. Let it sit for about an hour or so, get some lunch and a drink and sit and eat and watch the wax haze over, it makes a light haze.

Then get a soft micro fiber towel and start where you started applying the wax and wipe it off, circular motions to put it on, then take it off, after it is all off I pull the car out in the sun to make sure I didn't miss anything and wipe it down AGAIN. Then I pull it back up under the car port and do the rims, let them sit for about 15 mins, wipe them off and presto, your done. I pull it back out and make sure I didn't miss any spots on the rims, then I do the interior. It takes me about 3 hours to do my car taking my time. I have tried all the other liquid waxes including Frenzy, except Mothers, and I love the Mcguires, does a great job. Good luck. And believe it or not, my car is 3.5 years old and has NEVER had to be clay barred. Smooth as a babies skin.. :dance:

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:44 pm

Interesting, I have tried quite a few paste waxes and ironically the only liquid I currently have is Mothers. Tried it once and preferred how solid the pastes were. I currently have 4 different waxes in the closet right now, 3 pastes and 1 liquid. I know your car is still fairly new so I couldnt imagine it needing a clay bar, however, my car is 30 years old and I have no idea when it was last painted. I know I can see junk stuck into the clear on it and it just doesnt seem to clean up quite as nice as it used to.

Rsoetidjo

Post by Rsoetidjo » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:19 pm

You should use clay bar once a year, even on the newer vehicles. I used it every time I detail my vehicles. Works really good. On my daily, I used clay bar, Polish and then paint sealer. On my Camaro i rarely used the clay bay. I used to use meguiars gold class paste waste before I switch to paint sealer. I think meguiars still the best wax you can find for the money.
My SCC Garage
02 GMC Yukon XL
07 Acura TL-S (wife car)
06 Suzuki Hayabusa