Potential car audio upgrade...

Open SCC Discussions
devestator_x

Potential car audio upgrade...

Post by devestator_x » Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 pm

So, as the "resident car audio" guy, I figured I'd post up what I'm doing, or planning on doing. Right now the Camaro has 2 12" JL Audio subs running off a small JL Audio amp putting out 250watts. V8_Girl is being nice to me for my birthday and buying me a real sub box to put the subs in (instead of the ghetto box I built, trust me it looks good on top, but it's horrible underneath and NOT good at all which affects the sound quite a bit) So anyway, getting the new box and a Hifonics Brutus amp rated for 1,200 watts. Yes I'm adding nearly 1,000 watts of power in one whack. :mrgreen: And no my current speakers cant handle all that power, but I know how to tune down the amp so the speakers dont blow. 8-) In a few months I will replace them with speakers that can handle double the power this new amp can put out, then I have no worries about them blowing. There is also a slim possibility about adding a 2nd battery in the spare tire area and maybe in the future a 2nd 1,200 watt amp, but thats later on down the road.

The stuff I pull out of the Camaro will be added to V8_Girl's car.

devestator_x

Re: Potential car audio upgrade...

Post by devestator_x » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:35 pm

Just to add... if anyone wants or needs any advice or help in upgrading their stereo, I am more than willing to do so. I've built countless systems in as many cars, as small as adding a 200watt amp and 10" sub and as big as having 10 speakers running off multiple amps.

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:46 pm

I need to start to work on mine soon

devestator_x

Post by devestator_x » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:59 pm

Anytime you want help either in installing or just recommendations on equipment purchases, Im more than happy to help.