Is this the right gas tank for a 68 Camaro?

Open SCC Discussions
Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Space Coast Camaros
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is this the right gas tank for a 68 Camaro?

Post by Space Coast Camaros » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:58 am

We got this message on our Facebook.

Wanted to share to see if anyone can help!

Hello, I am hoping you can send some advice my way or connect me with someone who wouldn't mind helping a girl out!

If you're not a big fan of reading long emails, you can stop after this question if you like....

The question is:
Is this the right gas tank for a 68 Camaro? It appears to be, but it also seems way cheaper than what I've been quoted, so I figure anyone who runs a Camaro club must be a car lover and knowledgable and is probably the right person to ask...or at least a place to start!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/67-68-Camaro-Fi ... 1107308637

skybrake

Re: Is this the right gas tank for a 68 Camaro?

Post by skybrake » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:04 pm

yes it looks right.......but putting senders into the 68 tank and getting the lock ring on is like trying to wrestle an angry fragile weasel into the end of a garden hose and then capping said garden hose with a 2 liter soda cap...

do yourself a favor and consider
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/gmk-t ... /overview/
no question of fitment, and it comes with a new sender preinstalled for $125

1JEWLDSSRS
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:19 pm

Good job Skybrake !! Was wondering if anyone would respond to this post..

skybrake

Post by skybrake » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:46 pm

one more thing ....the summit url was for an inexpensive tank with a return line and sender pre-installed....as many modern conversion engines require that ( ie fule injection, electric fuel pumps, or any aftermarket efi setups.....) its the one I would buy if I needed one even though I don't need the return type....

the original stock configuration was a single fuel with no tank return line......but summit sells that kind as well though if you want it.....I was thinking you could buy the return kind, cap the extra fuel line and be ready down the line if you ever wanted to throw in any of the above mods....its what I would do if I needed a new tank.

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:08 pm

Thanks. I passed the information to the owner on the SCC FaceBook page where it was posted.

http://www.facebook.com/SpaceCoastCamaros

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:36 am

You guys rock!!