DAY AT THE TRACK 10/7..

Open SCC Discussions
1JEWLDSSRS

DAY AT THE TRACK 10/7..

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm

Weell it was hot and someone must have left the gate open at the pont corral, there were about 30 mustangs there, anywhere from the 60's to present day.Several 5.0's and 4 Shelbys. I was the only 5th gen there and had a lot of folks asking questions and taking pics, was kinda cool. The track sucked, as always and was very crowded. Even the high hp cars were having problems hooking as all the street cars. I made 3 runs and the best was 13.01 @ 108, just couldn't gethooked no matter how I left the line. The car with the new performance and power from the HFC's made it a handful to drive off the line with the extra tourque, the rearend was doing something it never did before and was hopping around through second gear unti it hooked, good thing I was able to pick it up on the big end, nond the less I had fun, just after my 3rd run, the rain hit but I had just left to head home.Oh I forgot to mention there were 5 new corvette there from 2 different corvette clubs and I was hanging with them, nice group of guys. 1 of them was a Lingenfelter preped car. It was cool and fast, and they were very interested in my camaro, said I ran good times for just bolt ons and were asking all about, was cool to hang with them;)

Dion.Rentos

Re: DAY AT THE TRACK 10/7..

Post by Dion.Rentos » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:03 pm

Nice!

I have to go out there with you one day. Dont know if i want to try it out with the LLT i have.

Never raced on the track before :auto-car:

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:55 am

KalCorp wrote:Nice!

I have to go out there with you one day. Dont know if i want to try it out with the LLT i have.

Never raced on the track before :auto-car:
Would love to have you go, it's a lot of fun even if you don't run, all the cool and QUICK cars are a blast to watch..November the 4th should be the next funday there. I will check the schedule.

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 am

Yes let me know. There is a car show Nov 4 from 8 to 2.

What time do you go to the track? let me know i can add it to the SCC calendar! maybe we can all go after.

CamaroKid93

Post by CamaroKid93 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:11 pm

that would be awesome to go, the car show and track on a sunday, that is a high chance i won't be working that day! so I will be happy to join both the show and to run at the track, I wanna get a better time this time lol, suck at my launch everytime the last time i went :D

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:33 pm

Yea guys, the gates open at 10 and I get there about then. Usually you can only get about 3-4 runs in due to the amount of cars there, and I usually have had enough by 3 and head home..

1JEWLDSSRS

Post by 1JEWLDSSRS » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 pm

CamaroKid93 wrote:that would be awesome to go, the car show and track on a sunday, that is a high chance i won't be working that day! so I will be happy to join both the show and to run at the track, I wanna get a better time this time lol, suck at my launch everytime the last time i went :D
Well man, launching these camaros especially the SS cars is a learning experience each time as they react differently everytime unless you have DR'S on them. I had MAJOR issues with the car sliding side to side on the launch, couldn't hook and was only able to pull a 2.0 60ft each time, butonceyou get hooked up, hang on..I need some DR's and a tranny tune..

Dion.Rentos

Post by Dion.Rentos » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:06 pm

Looks like a long weekend again!

Sat 10AM to 2 PM
Kristin's River House - Grant
http://www.spacecoastcamaros.com/scc/vi ... ?f=15&t=42

And then 5PM to 9PM
1st Seaside Classic Car Show
http://www.spacecoastcamaros.com/scc/vi ... f=16&t=112

Then sunday is 8Am to 2PM
Space Coast Mustang Open Car Show